Looking to implement Ethoca alerts and not sure where to start? You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will break down everything you need about Ethoca alerts, explain whether you need them, and why you can partner with us to enhance your chargeback suite.
- Ethoca alerts is a tool by Mastercard that allows merchants to intercept disputes, giving them a chance to fight the chargeback
- CB-ALERT is a partner of Ethoca and can help you win more chargeback disputes through this platform
- If you are struggling with your chargeback ratio, consider implementing Ethoca.
What Are Ethoca Alerts?
Ethoca Alerts by Mastercard is a comprehensive fraud detection and prevention solution designed to provide merchants with real-time notifications of potentially fraudulent transactions. As a result, merchants can use Ethoca alerts to reduce chargebacks, minimize losses, and protect their customers from fraud.
Ethoca uses AI and data analytics to identify suspicious purchases and alert merchants of fraud before it’s passed the pre-dispute phase.
Ethoca is a collaborative tool to connect merchants, issuers, and acquirers to share dispute data, ultimately enabling merchants to have a faster dispute resolution process.
How Ethoca Alerts Work
Ethoca alerts are designed to detect when a customer enters a dispute. Let’s take a look at how Ethoca works.
When a consumer calls their bank to dispute a transaction, their issuing bank sends a confirmed fraud/dispute notice to Ethoca in real time. That Ethoca alert will instantly be sent to the merchant through CB-ALERTS proprietary chargeback dispute management platform.
CB-ALERT will then mark the transaction as fraud and allow the merchant to stop the purchase fulfillment immediately and choose to refund the customer.
The dispute can be resolved at this stage, preventing inventory loss, shipping costs, and saving time invested in the chargeback process. In addition, merchants can then use this data to update their fraud/dispute rules to prevent this type of future fraud from occurring.
Apply For Ethoca Alerts Through CB-ALERT Today
We make the application process smooth and ensure swift boarding. We understand time is of the essence when it comes to chargeback prevention alerts. You will need to provide the following to get set up with Ethoca Alerts:
- Company name
- Registered business address
- Merchant account descriptor
- Merchant account number issued by your payment processor
- Access to your sales system to provide refunds/resolve alerts for you
Why Pair CB-ALERT With Ethoca Alerts
Through our platform, we can help you fight and prevent chargebacks more effectively with Ethoca and get you set up with Verifi alerts.
Merchant Benefits Of Ethoca Alerts
There are several significant benefits of implementing Ethoca alerts. Below is a list of the most important benefits:
- Prevent chargebacks: Preventing chargebacks with Ethoca is the primary purpose of these alerts. If you a struggling in this department, you can drastically halt chargebacks, allowing for maximum revenue.
- Fight fraudsters and reduce any fraud: Study data analytics to better understand your customer base and then set parameters of usual behavior.
- Improve customer relationships: Creating and maintaining lifetime fans is one of the essential factors in building a successful business. Ethoca alerts will help you resolve any frustration, allowing you to make good and bring the customer back.
Issuer Benefits Of Ethoca
Issuers benefit from Ethoca just as merchants do. So let’s take a look at how they help:
- Reduce chargeback costs: Lower chargeback volume and processing costs
- Resolve disputes faster: Resolve your disputes within hours rather than days or weeks
- Recover low-value losses: Easily reduce losses on transactions of low-value
- Improve satisfaction: Enhances customer experience and satisfaction and reduces complaints
What Is Consumer Clarity, And How Does It Work?
Ethoca Consumer Clarity relays transaction details via secure channels to banks and financial institutions to help consumers better recognize their purchases.
By connecting merchants and issuers, CC enables rich purchase information sharing, including logos, location, merchant names, and fully itemized receipts, which are shared via issuers’ digital banking apps.
Consumers have convenient access to merchant brand and location information within their banking app, allowing for easier transaction confirmation.
Digital receipts are also provided within the consumer’s banking app for further confirmation.
So, how does this work?
Consumer Clarity works as follows:
- Cardholder clicks on a transaction in their banking app
- Ethoca retrieves in-depth transaction details from the merchant to the cardholder within the banking app
- Cardholder recognizes their purchases after reviewing transaction details, and the chargeback is avoided
- Consumer Clarity adds another layer of protection for merchants against chargebacks
Are Ethoca Alerts Similar To Verifi Alerts By Visa?
Ethoca Alerts are similar to Verifi alerts by Visa, but they vary. Ethoca alerts were created only as a system to detect fraud, whereas, Verifi can detect fraud and is also used for non-fraud.
Should Your Business Implement Ethoca Alerts?
Businesses struggling with chargebacks can dramatically reduce their ratio by implementing Ethoca Alerts properly.
At CB-ALERT, we know how to implement Ethoca and use it to its full advantage, ultimately saving you money in the future.
Get Started Today
Chargeback alerts by Ethoca will be a game-changer when fighting chargebacks.
Please fill out our application so you can get started with Ethoca alerts today.